This week was an exciting week as we started to do some of the construction work on the central planter. We started by prepping our beautiful cedar 2x6's to be ready to install along the sides. What a beautiful smell there was with the aromatic cedar in there!
Getting to work after school hours we able to get most of the uprights attached to the concrete planter that was in the middle of our space.
Drilling into the concrete was quite challenging and tedious as the rock facade and seemingly ample rebar inside made for tough drilling. After a couple hours of hand rattling work we were able to secure all of the uprights to the side. Now it is ready for some runners along the sides to hold the dirt in and that is our next big task!
Once the dirt is all in and moved we will begin to add the decorative planks to the outside. As well, nice slate paving stones were purchased to cover up the old planters that were removed from around the central planter. Things are starting to look even better!