This week we spent a good chunk of time working on and preparing for some of the construction that will take place. Existing planters were shored up and made ready for additions and old stumps and gravel was removed to make room for new soil and plants.
This was a challenge for us as the roots of of the plants and stumps ran quite deep. We continue to dig one stump out that has proven to be quite challenging. We are also working to make space for some timbers we are going to reuse to ensure the plants and dirt stay away from the windows.
We also did a lot of planning this week in order to prepare for the central planter and the pergola we are hoping to build.